Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (King Arthur Unbleached Flour)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (chopped)
- 1 orange (zested)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in chopped cranberries. Stir. Zest an orange into the batter. If you use a cheese grater to zest, zest against the medium/large blade. Stir.
If you notice your batter is liquid-y, add a tbsp of flour at a time to thicken it.
If you find your batter is too thick (and you think you won’t be able to drop it into the muffin liners with ease, add a tbsp of milk at a time to make it thinner)
- Fill muffin cups right to the top, or a 1/4 inch below the top.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, depending on your oven. I recommend checking at 10. They will be done when you can smell them, and the tops are beginning to brown.