How to Make Digital Letterpress: An Easy Photoshop Tutorial
If you have Adobe Photoshop, a burning desire to learn how to make letterpress text, and 5 minutes, then get ready to feast your eyes….
1. Open Adobe Photoshop. Click the Text tool. This will open your second layer. Type something awesome at a large size. Select that layer in your Layers box
2. Layer > Layer Style > Inner Shadow
3. Select Overlay
4. Set Opacity to 60%.
5. Set angle to 115 degrees
6. Distance: 3 pixels
7. Choke: 0 px
8. Size: 3 px
9. While still selecting your text “Layer” in your Layers box, select Layer > Layer Style > Inner Glow
10. Select Multiple, or Screen.
11. Select the radio button for the solid color. I chose grayish yellow.
12. Play around with the Opacity and Noise. 75% for Opacity and 5% for Noise looks nice, but choose whatever looks best for your text
13. Layer > Layer Style > Bevel and Emboss
14. Technique: Smooth
15. Depth: 55%
16. Direction: Up
17. Size: 7 px, Soften: 4px
18. Angle: 115 degrees
19. Soften: 4 px
20. Shadow Mode: Multiple (color black), Opacity: 67%
Now play around with the levels are much or as little you wish.
I ended up changing the text color, adding Filter > Noise > Dust & Scratches, in addition to Filter > Texture > Grain